His experience includes defending numerous WARN Act, FLSA and Title VII class actions, prosecuting and defending actions over restrictive covenants, and handling complex labor arbitrations. He regularly acts as "in-house" employment counsel for several companies that elect to outsource their employment work.
Earlier in his career, Craig formed a partnership specializing in employment discrimination, primarily from the plaintiff's side, an experience that gives him a unique perspective when counseling and litigating.
Craig is a member of FordHarrison's Executive Committee and serves as the Managing Partner of the firm's Chicago office.
- Craig represented Modine Manufacturing in Embry v. Modine, obtaining a verdict for the client in one of the first Family and Medical Leave Act lawsuits to go to a jury. He continues to regularly defend FMLA actions, most recently including Kemp v. Northwestern Memorial Hospital (N.D. Illinois), Maestro v. Northwestern Memorial Hospital (N.D. Illinois), and Renner v. CDW Corporation (D. Minnesota)
- Defeated former employer's attempt to obtain injunctive relief in the matter Cognex Corporation v. Lisa Eichler and Omron Electronics, Inc., (Massachusetts Superior Court)
- Defending Dresser, Inc. in a Title VII class action alleging that Dresser failed to hire a class of individuals based on their race, Reed, et al. v. Dresser, Inc., (Eastern District of Wisconsin)
- Representing THR & Associates in Lee v. THR & Associates, an FLSA collective action that is currently pending (C.D. Illinois)
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Panel Moderator, "Protecting the Business Through Restrictive Covenants," Law Bulletin Seminars Employment Law Conference
- Panel Member, "Social Media - - Preventive Measures in a New Age," Law Bulletin Seminars Employment Law Conference
- ADAAA, "Ensuring Compliance with Expanded Accommodation Requirements and Other Thorny Issues under the New Law," Council on Education in Management, Illinois Employment Law & HR Forum
- The ADA Amendments Act" and "FMLA: Actively Managing Leave Under the New Regulations and Case Law," 2011 Illinois Workers' Comp Forum
Honors and Awards
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- Best Lawyers in America - Labor and Employment Law
- AV® Preeminent Peer-Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell