Subscribe Click here to subscribe
FordHarrison LLP, a national labor and employment law firm, is pleased to announce that the firm is a 2012 recipient of the Women in Law Empowerment Forum's (WILEF) "Gold Standard" award. The firm was recognized for it's commitment to the advancement of women for the second year in a row.
The "Gold Standard" certification process focuses on whether women are represented in positions of power and are among the top-earning attorneys. Firms with 100 or more attorneys are eligible for consideration, but only 50 firms nationwide met the criteria for 2012.
To receive this coveted award, firms must fulfill at least three of the following six standards: • Women account for at least 20% of equity partners.
• Women represent at least 10% of firm chairs and office managing partners.
• Women make up at least 20% of the firm's primary governance committee.
• Woman represent 20% or more of the firm's compensation committee.
• Women make up at least 25% of practice group leaders or department heads.
• Women represent at least 10% of the top half of the most highly compensated partners.
"We are honored to be recognized as a 'Gold Standard' firm by the Women in Law Empowerment Forum for the second year in a row," said Dawn Siler-Nixon, Ford Harrison's Diversity and Inclusion Partner. "We are proud of our diversity programs and the success of our women leaders. It's very rewarding to see that our efforts and accomplishments are being recognized."
About Women in Law Empowerment Forum The Women in Law Empowerment Forum's vision is to create a dialogue for the purpose of educating women in law firms on how to become leaders in the workplace and in the community by building, exercising and implementing a strong sense of empowerment. For more information, visit www.wilef.com.