He has tried numerous cases before the NLRB and in federal and state court and represented employers before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Dave frequently lectures on labor and equal employment opportunity law and state related subjects for employer groups, and state and local chambers of commerce.
Dave is an adjunct professor at the University of Georgia School of Law teaching labor arbitration. He is the past chairman of the Labor and Employment Law Section of the State Bar of Georgia and is a registered mediator and arbitrator. Dave is also a member of the Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce's Board of Advisors and Economic Development Committee.
Prior to entering the practice of law in Atlanta, Dave was an assistant professor at the University of Georgia in Athens, Georgia.
- Successfully negotiated a new collective bargaining agreement for an employer containing major concessions that enabled the employer to stay in business.
- Represented a manufacturing employer in the successful court defense to a sex harassment lawsuit.
- Successfully defended an employer in a Sarbanes-Oxley action.
- "Fairness is the Word in Washington These Days," Atlanta Life Magazine, October 2009
- "Does Ledbetter Create Pay Fairness, Unfair Burden, or Both," Daily Report, April 2009
- Editor, Georgia Employment Law Letter
- How to Avoid Legal Pitfalls in Hiring and Firing in Georgia
Honors and Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America – Labor and Employment Law
- Chambers USA: Leading Attorneys for Labor & Employment
- "Who's Who Legal: USA"
- "Georgia Super Lawyers" for labor and employment law by Law & Politics magazine
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell