Isabella Lee concentrates her practice in employee benefits and employment law. Isabella has litigated claims arising under employment contracts, Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA, and ERISA. Additionally, Isabella advises clients on the design, administration, and legal compliance of health and welfare employee benefit plans.
- Frequently defends claims under ERISA, including welfare benefits claims and delinquency actions.
- Recently obtained a favorable jury verdict for the employer in a breach of employment contract case.
- Defends audits of welfare and pension plans by federal agencies.
- Recently awarded summary judgment in discrimination lawsuits under Title VII, the ADEA, and the Equal Pay Act.
- Frequently defends clients in administrative actions with the EEOC.
- "Legal Guidance for a Reasonably Designed Employer-Sponsored Wellness Program Using Outcome-Based Incentives," South Carolina Business Coalition on Health, Columbia and Charleston, South Carolina, October 2012
- Conference Panelist, The Leadership Institute for Women of Color Attorneys in Law and Business, Inc., Atlanta, Georgia, March 2012
- "Employee Benefits Law Update: Preparing for Your Next Open Enrollment," Ford & Harrison Breakfast Briefing, Spartanburg, South Carolina, October 2011
- Not All Plans Are Created Equal: Common Mistakes in Health & Welfare Plan Disclosures," Bloomberg Law Reports, March 12, 2012
- "Are you Ready for a HIPAA Audit? OCR's HIPAA Program is Underway," Lexology, JD Supra, December 2011
"Getting High While Getting Paid: Medical Marijuana in the Workplace," Bloomberg Law Reports, October 21, 2010
- "Social Media 101," Workspan, August 2010
"HB 173: Potential Sea Change to Georgia's Noncompete Law," Noncompete News, May 2009
"Encouraging Holiday Volunteering Without Triggering FLSA Liability," Georgia Employment Law Letter, December 2008
Honors and Awards
- YLD Leadership Academy, State Bar of Georgia (2012)
- "Georgia Rising Star" by Law & Politics magazine (2012)
- Mandarin Chinese (fluent)
- Taiwanese (fluent)
- Spanish (working knowledge)