Her practice is devoted to providing management with the necessary tools to meet the challenges in today's employment arena, through proactive legal advice, training, and litigating complex cases in both trial and appellate courts. She represents employers in a variety of industries, including health care, defense, energy, construction, telecommunications, financial, hospitality, public and non-profit sectors, in discrimination and retaliation, non- compete and wage and hour matters. She is Board-certified by the Florida Bar as a specialist in labor and employment law and is a certified mediator in Florida's circuit courts and in the U.S. Middle District of Florida. She also serves as an arbitrator and teaches labor and employment law and business law and ethics in the University of Central Florida's MBA program.
Kay is a member of the Firm's Executive Committee and she has responsibility for the Firm's Partner Professional Development Initiative.
Kay is the immediate past Chair of the Center for Women's Philanthropy Advisory Board, and a member of the Venture Philanthropists and 100 Women Strong giving circles. In addition, Kay has served on the Board of Directors of the Central Florida Boys and Girls Clubs for over 25 years, and is a past Chair. She also sings in her church choir, which has toured in the United States, Canada, and England.
- Represented a major defense contractor in trade secret litigation in the Middle District of Florida.
- Represented employer in ADA case for employer in the Middle District of Florida.
- Represented public sector employer in discrimination and tortious interference action in Middle District of Florida.
- "11th Annual Women Worth Watching" - Diversity Journal
- The 2011 Summit Award for Professional Achievement and Outstanding Community Service in Central Florida, Central Florida Women's Resource Center
- The Best Labor Lawyer – Management in Orlando for 2011 – by Best Lawyers in America
- Best Lawyers in America – Labor and Employment Law
- "Florida's Legal Elite" by Florida Trend magazine
- "Best of the Bar" by the Orlando Business Journal
- "Florida Super Lawyers," "Super Lawyers – Corporate Counsel Edition," and one of the Top 25 Female Lawyers Central, Northern & Gulf Coast Florida and one of the Top 50 Female Lawyers in Florida by Law & Politics magazine
- "Best Lawyer" by Florida Monthly magazine
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
*Per Florida Bar rules, information on litigation and other legal successes has not been disclosed but is available upon request.