Roshni counsels employers in hospitality, transportation, health care and other industries on labor relations and employment matters. These matters include EEO and affirmative action compliance, including advising on pay equity issues, assisting in the development of affirmative action programs and representing the companies in the defense of programs before the OFCCP. Roshni has assisted clients with research on various union activity issues and has participated in both labor negotiations and counseling.
She advises clients in various issues of state and federal law including Title VII, FLSA, EPA, ADEA, ADA, and New York State and City Human Rights Law. Roshni assists companies with employee and supervisor training programs, reviews and recommends revisions to clients' personnel policies and advises high-level executives on employment and termination contracts.
Prior to joining FordHarrison Roshni worked as a labor and employment associate at New York based corporate law firm.
After law school, Roshni spent a year clerking for Judge Joseph A. Greenaway, Jr. on the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. Following law school, she also devoted time to a presidential political campaign and to the Democracy Program at the Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law, working on voting rights and elections issues.
- Assisted in obtaining Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11 discovery sanctions against opposing counsel in single plaintiff discrimination suit under federal law.
- Participated in labor negotiations and counseling sessions on behalf of a residential building client facing negotiations with an organized workforce.
- Assisted in obtaining favorable settlement for transportation company client in putative class action involving wage and hour violations under federal and state law.
- Assisted in numerous labor negotiations and counseling sessions for clients in the home health care industry.
Honors and Awards
- "Metro New York Rising Stars" by Super Lawyers magazine (2015)