Roshni defends employers in hospitality, transportation, health care and other industries on a wide range of employment matters in federal and state courts, as well as administrative agencies. She also counsels clients on employment law matters, including Title VII, FLSA, ADEA, ADA, New York State and City Human Rights Law, and New York Labor Law issues, to minimize litigation risks and address compliance concerns.
As a member of the firm's affirmative action group, Roshni also defends federal contractors in audits by the OFCCP and advises them about compliance under federal equal employment opportunity and affirmative action laws.
Prior to joining FordHarrison Roshni worked as a labor and employment associate at New York based corporate law firm.
After law school, Roshni clerked for Judge Joseph A. Greenaway, Jr. on the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- Successfully argued in federal court for summary judgment motion on behalf of a transportation client in a case involving claims of wage underpayment and misclassification under the motor carrier exemption.
- Drafted winning motion to dismiss a false claims act case filed against a day care provider.
- Drafted successful opposition to motion to dismiss in the representation of a staffing company in a non-compete action.
- Obtained favorable settlements for various clients in putative wage and hour class actions and employment discrimination threatened lawsuits, agency proceedings, and litigations.
- Assisted in obtaining Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11 discovery sanctions against opposing counsel in single plaintiff discrimination suit filed under federal law against a transportation company.
Honors and Awards
- "Metro New York Rising Stars" by Super Lawyers magazine (2015).