Shannon provides litigation defense, guidance, counseling and training in EEO matters including harassment, discrimination, and retaliation, social media, ADEA, ADA, FMLA, whistle-blower suits and best practices for hiring, discipline and discharge. Shannon represents clients in a broad spectrum of industries including healthcare, manufacturing, talent acquisition, transportation, service, retail and corrections.
Shannon has successfully represented employers in arbitration and administrative hearings involving wrongful discharge and discipline claims and contract interpretation under Collective Bargaining Agreements.
Prior to joining FordHarrison, Shannon was an associate in the Tampa office of a large Florida-based law firm. Shannon brings to her practice a diverse legal background with litigation experience in wrongful death, catastrophic injury, premises liability, product liability and medical malpractice.
Shannon is involved in organizing and promoting The Spine Foundation through its annual Back-to-Back Ball. The Spine Foundation works to provide much needed medical support and services to improve the lives of men and women who have sustained spinal injuries as a result of serving in the United States military.
- Defended healthcare company in two labor arbitrations regarding alleged wrongful discharge.
- Assisted healthcare clients in unfair labor practice charges and claims under Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Litigated many actions on behalf of a national healthcare company involving discrimination, wrongful discharge and discipline, retaliation and alleged violations of the Florida Whistleblower's Act.
- Defended a large manufacturing company in a wrongful death claim brought pursuant to the intentional tort exception to workers' compensation immunity.
- Represented a national retailer in a product liability complaint resulting in alleged brain damage.
- Defended through trial a product liability complaint with catastrophic injuries on behalf of a national manufacturer.
- Defended a medical transport company in a wrongful death action.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- "Social Media in the Workplace: Embrace the Benefits, Avoid the Pitfalls" Association of Legal Administrators Educational Conference, August 2010
*Per Florida Bar rules, information on litigation and other legal successes has not been disclosed but is available upon request.