On a national basis, her litigation practice has covered most types of employment-related claims, including discrimination (race, gender, national origin, religion, age, same sex/opposite sex harassment, veterans' rights, disability, FMLA, sexual orientation, pregnancy), wrongful discharge and related tort and contract cases, arbitrations, and wage-hour matters. She has handled numerous discrimination and FLSA class action lawsuits and has extensive experience in litigation involving trade secret misappropriation, non-compete covenants, whistleblowers, and inducement to breach contract cases. She has litigated cases under Section 1981, 1983, 1985, and 1986, ERISA, and the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Victoria is an experienced advisor to General Counsel, executives, and Boards of Directors on the legal and practical impact of employment issues arising out of strategic business plans and mergers and acquisitions. She provides counseling to employers in all areas of employment law, including discipline, I-9 compliance, policies, and drug testing. She provides corporate audits related to policies, wage-hour, and AAP-OFCCP compliance. She regularly provides training to executives/supervisors and seminars to human resource personnel and attorneys. She has represented both public and private employers in a broad scope of industries, including healthcare, hospitality, transportation, food processing, government contractors, distribution, terminals, and manufacturing.
- Lead attorney successfully representing an international company in multi-faceted electronic theft of trade secrets and related contract/tort claims litigation against former employer and subsequent employer/competitor.
- Lead attorney successfully defending international, national, and regional companies in whistleblower litigation.
- Lead attorney in successfully defending national companies against EEOC discrimination and wage-hour cases – individual, multi-plaintiff, and class.
- Lead attorney in successfully representing national and regional companies in enforcement of non-compete agreements and related contract/tort claims against executives and subsequent employer/competitor.
- Lead attorney successfully representing national company in OFCCP audits and Letter of Violation matters.
Honors and Awards
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- The Best Lawyers in America-Labor and Employment Law
- AV ® Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbard
- Chambers and Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers