She has represented employers in a variety of employment matters, such as claims of discrimination, hostile work environment, wrongful discharge, constitutional violations, retaliation, and wage cases. Zascha also provides proactive employment advice to clients including policy development and employee handbook reviews. Her labor relations experience includes engaging in collective bargaining negotiations, preparing collective bargaining proposals, and preparing collective bargaining agreements as well as providing employers with guidance on labor issues.
Earlier in her career, Zascha was at a Florida law firm exclusively representing management in its labor and employment matters. Zascha's experience also includes having served as an Assistant City Attorney for the City of Miami, Office of the City Attorney, in its labor and employment division. In this role she represented the City's departments in labor and employment matters, and appeared at hearings, trial and appeals.
- Represented public employers before the Florida Public Employees Relations Commission.
- Represented companies in wage and hour claims.
- Represented public employers in cases related to constitutional claims.
- Represented companies in ADA Title III matters.
- Represented employers in discrimination and retaliation claims.
- Represented municipality in various employment related hearings.
- Represented employers in U.S. Department of Labor investigations.
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Author, An Overview of Nondiscrimination and Anti-Harassment Laws, The Florida Bar, 2011.
- Author, NLRB Changes Impacting Union and Nonunion Employers, DRI for The Defense, June 2011 Issue.
- Author, Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act: The Perspective of the Defendant, The Florida Bar, 2009.
- Author, The Florida Bar Checkoff, Southern District of Florida Case Notes, October 2008.
- Speaker, Legal Updates, Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, HR Insights 2012.
- Speaker, 2011 Employment Law Overview for Law Firms and Law Practices, 2011 Annual Florida Bar Convention, June 2011.
- Speaker, National Labor Relations Board Update, The Florida Bar Advanced Labor Topics Seminar, June 2011.
- Speaker, Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act: The Perspective of the Defendant, The Florida Bar: A Seminar: Accommodation, Access and Affirmative Action, August 2009.
Honors and Awards
- "Florida Rising Star" by Florida Super Lawyers magazine
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell