Tom has extensive experience in handling a wide range of airline arbitration cases, having successfully represented clients in more than 300 cases.
With his experience as a naval flight officer, Tom is very familiar with operational issues including pilot competency and proficiency cases as well as matters involving the analysis of complex aircraft accidents/incidents. Additionally, he is experienced in contract disputes as well as drug and alcohol related cases. He spends a substantial portion of his practice in collective bargaining and Railway Labor Act litigation.
Prior to joining FordHarrison, Tom was a Senior Attorney with Delta Air Lines. At Delta, he actively worked with the operating departments including Flight Operations, In Flight, Maintenance and Customer Service.
Between college and law school, Tom was a Lieutenant and naval flight officer in the U.S. Navy and made several tours abroad with his squadron on the aircraft carrier USS Independence.
- Representation of major air carrier in interest arbitration setting initial rate of pay for a new aircraft model.
- Representation of major air carriers in arbitrations involving compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Representation of major air carrier in a dispute over agreement to freeze defined benefit retirement plan
- Grievance Procedures – The Carrier's Perspective, ALI-CLE Course of Study, Airline and Railroad Labor and Employment Law, October 2015
- Arbitration in the Airline Industry, National Academy of Arbitrators Proceedings for 2010 Annual Meeting
Honors and Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America – Labor and Employment Law
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- "Georgia Super Lawyers" and "Super Lawyers – Corporate Counsel Edition" by Super Lawyers magazine
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- FordHarrison 2012 Diversity and Inclusion Award