He primarily handles labor arbitrations, union organizing campaigns and negotiating collective bargaining agreements. Tom also has a great deal of experience handling whistleblower matters brought under AIR21.
Tom also counsels airlines on a wide variety of matters including employee discipline investigations, military leave issues, and contract language interpretation and application. In addition, he has developed and conducted numerous training programs for all levels of management.
Prior to joining FordHarrison, Tom was a General Attorney with Delta Air Lines handling labor and employment matters with the airline for over thirteen years. While at Delta he served as primary counsel for the Flight Operation and Technical Operation divisions, as well as provided counsel to all other divisions.
While in law school, Tom was a Note and Comment Editor of the University of Toledo Law Review, a member of the Law Review and was awarded the Order of the Coif.
- Represented several airlines in labor arbitrations involving disciplinary matters and contract interpretation cases, including several cases involving pilot competency and proficiency matters.
- Tom has represented airlines in a variety of collective bargaining matters including initial collective bargaining agreements, amendable contracts, as well as through mediation with the NMB.
- Tom has represented airlines in numerous representation campaigns involving all crafts and classes.
- Represented airlines before the Department of Labor in several pilot discharge cases alleging whistleblowing activities brought under Air21 and military leave issues under USERRA.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, "Developing a Comprehensive Labor Strategy: Partnering a Labor Strategy With Your Business Plan," Ius Laboris and FordHarrison Global Employment Symposium, Chicago, IL, May 8, 2015
*Per Florida Bar rules, information on litigation and other legal successes has not been disclosed but is available upon request.