Managing employment matters outside your home country poses a challenge to every global company. FordHarrison appreciates that corporate leaders in the home office need assurance that employment issues are handled consistently, through a single point of contact, in a cost-effective manner that is aligned with their corporate values wherever they do business. This is what we offer through our Global Legal Services team.
Some firms claim to have the capacity to assist clients with matters on a global scale while in actuality they have no more than a handful of local affiliations in countries outside of the United States. As the sole U.S. member firm of the world's largest global labor and employment alliance, Ius Laboris (www.iuslaboris.com), which is rated by Chambers as an Elite Employment Network, FordHarrison has the unique capability of handling complex multi-jurisdictional employment matters in 49 countries.
At FordHarrison our Global Legal Services team draws on our extensive experience to guide our clients through their most complex issues around the world including:
- Transaction-Related Global Integration - We manage global employment law aspects of post-transaction integration activities, and have done so for billion-dollar matters spanning more than 100 countries.
- Business Transfers - We advise clients concerning the implications of various business transfer laws (e.g., TUPE) on commercial activities and company transactions.
- Structure Global Outsourcing Transactions - We provide counsel to clients with respect to complex outsourcing transactions involving business transfers and direct hiring.
- Restructuring, Plant Closures & Mass Redundancies - We assist clients in facility closures and mass redundancies involving multi-country, complex, collective consultations in dozens of countries.
- Global Policy Implementation - We advise on structure and implementation of range of HR policies across more than 100 countries (E.g., employment handbooks, termination policies, background checks, etc.).
- Global Mobility - We handle all legal aspects affecting global mobility, including simultaneous employment in various countries, cross-border secondments or transfers, immigration, hiring foreign employees and salary splits. In addition to expected global migration issues, the team also focuses on applicable labor laws, social security, taxes and occupational pension plans.
- Global Codes of Conduct - We assist clients drafting, implementing, and maintaining global codes of conduct on essential business practices (E.g., ethical business practices, anti-bribery policies, diversity, protection of intellectual property, etc.).
- Language Proficiency - We understand the language and culture of the countries in which our clients operate. Many of FordHarrison's attorneys are proficient in two or more languages including French, German, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese, and Spanish. Additionally, attorneys from Ius Laboris members are all fluent in English.
Clients call on FordHarrison's Global Legal Services team to provide a turnkey solution to the management of multi-jurisdictional employment law projects throughout the world. Our Global Legal Services team provides the best of both worlds - the experience of FordHarrison's dedicated team, devoted to finding efficient, commercial outcomes to the most complex global issues, and the resources of the Ius Laboris alliance.
To connect with an attorney in our Global Legal Services team, please click the button below.