He is experienced in complex and class action litigation and regularly practices in the trial and appellate levels of federal and state courts, as well as administrative agencies such as the EEOC and DOL.
Todd defends companies in a broad range of employment and labor disputes, including cases involving allegations of age, race, national origin, disability, sex discrimination, sexual and racial harassment, retaliation, fraud, defamation, negligent supervision and retention and breach of contract. He also handles claims involving the FLSA, FMLA, ERISA, the WARN Act, employee handbooks, drug testing, misappropriation of trade secrets, and noncompetition agreements. Todd is nationally known for handling Title III ADA cases as well as collective action brought under the FLSA. He provides around-the-clock, proactive, and common sense counseling and guidance to employers on every aspect of the employer-employee relationship including litigation and union avoidance. As a highly acclaimed and nationally recognized speaker and trainer, Todd regularly provides high-intensity, interactive seminars and classes for in-house counsel, human resource professionals and management and was a two-term chair of the Labor and Employment Section of the Hillsborough County Bar. He is the co-chair of the firm's Restaurant Practice Group, and serves on the EPLI and Management Committees.
In law school, Todd was on the Moot Court Board, served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Elizabeth Kovachevich, and interned with the Pinellas County State Attorney's office.
- Represented a national retail company in a FMLA case.
- Represented a national retail company in a nation-wide wage and hour collective action.
- Assisted a multi-national corporation with protecting confidential and proprietary information through complex trade secrets litigation.
- Represented national restaurant chain in a unique Title III ADA case.
- Represented a taxi cab company in a disability discrimination case.
- "Disabled Access Lawsuit Binge Takes its Toll," Tampa Bay Business Journal, July 2010
Honors and Awards
- "Florida Super Lawyers," Super Lawyers magazine
- "Top 40 Lawyers under 40" by the Business Observer
- "40 Under 40" by the Tampa Bay Business Journal
- Florida Trend magazine – "Legal Elite" (2012 & 2015)
- "Up and Coming" lawyer by Florida Trend magazine
*Per Florida Bar rules, information on litigation and other legal successes has not been disclosed but is available upon request.