Her focus includes cases involving discrimination and harassment in the workplace, retaliation against whistleblowers, and violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act. She also handles claims involving the FLSA, FMLA, and the WARN Act. She represents employers in a variety of industries, including construction, medical practices, management, insurance, and not-for-profit organizations.
Prior to joining FordHarrison, Michelle served as a judicial staff attorney for the Fourth Judicial Circuit in Jacksonville, Florida, where she oversaw the operation of the Criminal Division.
Michelle sits on the Board of Directors for the University of North Florida Alumni Association.
- Defended various companies against charges of age, disability, race, harassment and gender discrimination and retaliation claims
- Defended company against wage and hour claims
- Defended company against breach of employment contract claim
- Defended company against several workers compensation retaliation claims
Honors and Awards
- "Florida Rising Stars," Super Lawyers magazine
*Per Florida Bar rules, information on litigation and other legal successes has not been disclosed but is available upon request.