She tries cases in federal and state courts and before administrative agencies and arbitrators. Patricia has substantial jury and class certification experience. She is adept at mediating disputes, reducing the likelihood of protracted litigation, and serves as an arbitrator for the State Bar of Georgia.
Earlier in her career she served as a law clerk to the Honorable Thomas A. Clark, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
Patricia serves on the Board of Directors for the Atlanta Shakespeare Company, and is a past Chair. She is a former Board of Directors member for Girls on the Run-Atlanta and was formerly Chair of the Board of Directors for Friends of The Atlanta Opera.
At the University of Georgia, Patricia played basketball for the Lady Bulldogs and was a member of Phi Beta Kappa. She was the Comments Editor for the Georgia Law Review during law school, and published two articles in that time.
- Successfully tried sexual harassment case for national retail company.
- Successfully defeated class action in wage and hour off-the-clock case for pest control company in Georgia.
- Successfully represented a large construction company in wage and hour class action in Florida alleging unpaid overtime.
- Successfully tried sex-plus discrimination case for national retail company.
- Won summary judgment in several cases throughout the country, including cases alleging discrimination based on sex, religion, age, race and national origin; harassment; retaliation; and FMLA violations.
- "Collision Avoidance - You Be the Judge," FordHarrison's 2012 Airline Labor & Employment Law Symposium
- "Confronting Sexual Harassment: Bench and Bar," Superior Court Judges Annual Winter Seminar, 2011
- "Employment Litigation: Tough Love"
- "Effective Jury Practice"
- "Preventing and Dealing with Litigation"
Honors and Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America – Labor Law, Employment Law and Labor and Employment Litigation
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Band 1 Labor & Employment
- Top 50 Female Lawyers in Georgia since 2007 and "Super Lawyers" since 2004 by Super Lawyers magazine
- "Super Lawyers – Corporate Counsel Edition" by Super Lawyers magazine
- "Georgia's Legal Elite" by Georgia Trend Magazine
- One of 40 female "Legal Eagles" by Atlanta Woman magazine
- One of the "Most Powerful and Influential Women" by the Georgia Diversity Council (2012)
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell