She tries cases in federal and state courts and before administrative agencies. Patricia has substantial jury and class certification experience. She is adept at mediating disputes, reducing the likelihood of protracted litigation, and serves as an arbitrator for the State Bar of Georgia.
Earlier in her career she served as a law clerk to the Honorable Thomas A. Clark, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
Patricia serves as Chair of the Board of Directors for the Atlanta Shakespeare Company. She also serves on the Board of Directors for Evergreen Humanitarian and Relief Services and is a former Board of Directors member for Girls on the Run-Atlanta. She was formerly Chair of the Board of Directors for Friends of The Atlanta Opera.
At the University of Georgia, Patricia played basketball for the Lady Bulldogs and was a member of Phi Beta Kappa. She was the Comments Editor for the Georgia Law Review during law school, and published two articles in that time.
- Successfully tried sexual harassment case for national retail company in 2010.
- Successfully defeated class action in wage and hour off-the-clock case for pest control company in Georgia in 2010.
- Successfully represented a large construction company in wage and hour class action in Florida alleging unpaid overtime in 2009.
- Successfully tried sex-plus discrimination case for national retail company in 2009.
- Won summary judgment in several cases throughout the country in 2009-12, including cases alleging discrimination based on sex, religion, age, race and national origin; harassment; retaliation; and FMLA violations.
- "Collision Avoidance - You Be the Judge," FordHarrison's 2012 Airline Labor & Employment Law Symposium
- "Confronting Sexual Harassment: Bench and Bar," Superior Court Judges Annual Winter Seminar, 2011
- "Employment Litigation: Tough Love"
- "Effective Jury Practice"
- "Preventing and Dealing with Litigation"
Honors and Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America – Labor and Employment Law
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- Top 50 Female Lawyer in Georgia since 2007 and "Super Lawyers" since 2004 by Super Lawyers magazine
- "Super Lawyers – Corporate Counsel Edition" by Super Lawyers magazine
- "Georgia's Legal Elite" by Georgia Trend Magazine
- One of 40 female "Legal Eagles" by Atlanta Woman magazine
- One of the "Most Powerful and Influential Women" by the Georgia Diversity Council (2012)
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell