This webinar was recorded on Wednesday, April 12, 2017
Wednesday, April 12, 2017
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Eastern | 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Central
About the Program
While Texas is generally known to be an employer friendly state, employers should be aware of significant legal principles arising out of new legislation and common employment issues that face employers in Texas. Join FordHarrison Attorneys Vista Lyons, Allyn Lowell, Rachel Ullrich, and Rachel Kelly for a complimentary webinar to discuss:
- pre-employment issues, including background and credit checks
- the Texas Payday Act: best practices for compliance with wage and hour regulations
- an overview of Texas handgun laws and how the Texas Open Carry Law affects employers
- trends in unemployment compensation claims under the Texas Unemployment Compensation Act
- responding to claims under Chapter 21 of the Texas Labor Code (f/k/a the Texas Commission on Human Rights Act)
- FordHarrison is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This course is approved for 1 hour of PDCs.
- This program is also pre-approved by HRCI for 1 hour of PHR, GPHR, and SPHR recertification credit.
To view a recording of this webinar, click the Register button below.