She represents companies in a variety of industries, including health care, corrections, banking, airlines, hospitality and retail.
Tracey's specialty is complex litigation and trial work. She has successfully tried numerous cases for clients and been lead defense attorney in multi-plaintiff discrimination lawsuits in Florida. Tracey also has significant experience in executive level employment contract disputes, trade secret and whistle-blower suits.
While Tracey can and routinely does try cases for our clients, she prides herself on finding the best solution for her clients, whether that solution is a favorable settlement or defending a case through a successful jury verdict at trial. Tracey is as comfortable trying a case as she is helping clients avoid a trial in the first place through sound counseling and advice on contract negotiations, mergers/acquisitions and day-to-day employment issues.
- Defended a national staffing company in jury trial of a retaliation case.
- Represented a hospital in a multi-count complex sexual harassment, retaliation and tort claim through trial.
- Represented numerous corrections industry clients in Florida against race, retaliation, whistle-blower and harassment claims.
- Represented nationwide healthcare client in state court in Las Vegas, Nevada on a 15-count complaint.
- Served as lead defense counsel in 15-plaintiff race, retaliation, and collective FLSA action for national client.
- Defended two collective actions for tip credit issues in the airline industry with Railway Labor Act issues.
Recent and Upcoming Speaking Engagements
- Pain Society of the Carolinas Annual Meeting - "When Should I Obtain Legal Counsel and What Are They Going to Tell Me?" September 25, 2016
- Association of Corporate Counsel Long Boat Key - "Employment Implications of Mergers & Acquisitions," August 14, 2015
- Breakfast Briefing - "What In-House Counsel Need to Know About Surviving a Federal Employment Related Investigation," August 10, 2015
- FordHarrison Breakfast Briefing - "2015 Labor & Employment Law Update: A Midyear Snapshot," July 16, 2015
- Association of Corporate Counsel West Florida Chapter - "Game of Life: New Developments in Labor & Employment," May 5, 2015
- Stetson Inclusion Summit - "Developing Cultural Experience," February 6, 2015, Moderator
- 15th Annual Update and Certification Review - "Whistleblower Statutes/WC Retaliation," January 30, 2015
- "What to Expect When Employees Are Expecting - Managing Pregnant Health Care Workers," American Health Lawyers Association, May 2015
Honors and Awards
- "2014 Women Worth Watching" by Profiles in Diversity Journal
- Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers
- "Most Powerful and Influential Women" Award in Florida
- The Best Lawyers in America - Employment Law and Litigation - Labor and Employment (2006 - 2015)
- Glass Ceiling Award, National Diversity Council
- "Florida's Legal Elite" by Florida Trend magazine and was named as one of the Top 50 Female Lawyers in any field in Florida, Top 25 Female Lawyers Central, Northern & Gulf Coast of Florida
- "Florida Super Lawyers" recognized 2006 - 2016 by Super Lawyers magazine, New York Times and Tampa Bay magazine.
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell