Licensed in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia, Matt Gilley counsels employers throughout the region on a full spectrum of federal and state labor and employment matters.
He has notched wins for companies in trial, arbitration, and on motions. He has substantial experience handling complex litigation in which multiple parties are involved.
Matt has expertise across many industries and has won favorable results for employers in each:
- Health Care, Long Term Care, and Assisted Living
- Private Club Management, including golf clubs
- Restaurants, particularly the franchisees in the quick-serve segment
- Telecommunications Manufacturing and Service
- Employers headquartered or operating abroad, including Asia, Europe, and Latin America. He is conversant in Japanese.
- PEO companies
Matt remains very involved in community and state affairs:
- Chair of the Leadership Spartanburg Board of Regents
- Board of Directors for the Spartanburg Preparatory School
- Board of Directors for Westgate Family Therapy
- Board of Directors for the South Carolina Association of Residential Care Homes (SCARCH) (2008-12)
- Board of Directors for the Hope Center for Children (2008-12)
He remains active in SCARCH as well as in SCALF, the Carolina Healthcare Association and the National Asia-Pacific Bar Association.
Matt is a regular contributor to the current FordHarrison Blog, EntertainHR, an informative look across the landscape of television, movies, sports and celebrity culture from an employment-law perspective. The website is available at http://blogs.hrhero.com/entertainhr/.